Tuesday 18 July 2017

Blogger Recognition Award!

Rebecca (the amazing girl that she is) was the one that tagged me for this award, so many thankyou's to her! You can find her HERE.

I know that a few people that I tag in this post will probably already have been nominated for this/posted their version of this, but I'm still going to tag them, as they're all amazing individuals that you should check out!

Anyways, here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.

2. Write a post to show your award.

3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.

4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.

5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.

6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.


How My Blog Started:

Well, as you may be able to tell, my blog is relatively new! In fact, it's barely a week old so far! But, I admit, I was following a few different book bloggers on Twitter, and I always thought, hey, I read a lot, why don't I make a book blog myself?

Of course, I never did act on these thoughts until it came round to a 24hr read-athon from Zoe at No Safer Place. She was so nice and interactive, and a special guest post about new bloggers made me decide to finally do my own book blog.

Then, my little idea bloomed from there!



Advice for New Bloggers:

1. Use social media. My blog mainly started on Twitter. And that is where I get most of my interactions from all the other bloggers and where I get my followers. I've even already had a few authors/publicists get in touch about reading their books, even after just a week of blogging! Also, Instagram can be very useful, I've been very popular on there, even though I'm not the best photographer. 

Most of all though, if you're using social media, use Hashtags. Some may think I'm hashtag crazy, but I think it really gets you out there on both twitter and instagram! And I think that is where I manage to get most of my page views from. So, yeah, use hashtags if you can!

2. Interact! I didn't have much interest from other people until I started to interact with other bloggers, and when I did it made being a bookblogger so much more fun! I even joined in things like the Sunday YA chat on Twitter, and I'm planning on joining in on many more of these discussions as I met some lovely people. Plus, if you interact with others, they'll interact with you more and it helps build up your confidence so much!


Essentially, use social media, especially Twitter, it's really helped me so far!


Here are my bloggers I suggest taking a look at, they're awesome and so friendly and I'm sure you'll love them (click on names to go to their blogs)!


I know I'm meant to do 15 blogs, and there are some many other lovely people I'd love to tag but I'd be here forever! These are only a few of the lovely people I've got to know in the bookblogger community!

1 comment:

  1. When I first started I never really used Twitter but now I'm on it ALL THE TIME! It's a great way to meet other bloggers! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete