Saturday 29 July 2017

I went to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium!

So, As you may have heard from my Twitter, I went to a cat cafe today! More specifically, I went to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium in London. My sister received a voucher for the cafe for Christmas and we finally got around to using it, and oh my god it was amazing (I nearly bought the majority of the cute merchandise they had on offer).


We decided that instead of going just for a drink and to see the kitty cats we would do the High Tea that they offer, which included 90 minutes with the cats and an afternoon tea with refillable drinks.


And yes, it does taste as amazing as it looks! It was also way too much to have in just an hour and a half, so we had to take some home with us (the staff were amazing and even wrapped it up and put it into a paper bag for us, isn't that sweet!)

If you're wondering how much this would usually cost, the high tea and 90 minute cat session here is £25 per person (which is reasonable for all the food and drink you get).

I'll tell you what though guys, I was amazed walking down into the main kitty cat play area, it just looked so magical, with the fairy lights and the tree cat-climber/bridge and all the little nooks the cats could play/hide in. I mean, just look at this:


It's so magical!

Unfortunately for us, the only cats that were lively when we were there were the new kittens (not that we were complaining, they had unlimited energy to play it seemed like!). You can also see some of the kittens playing on my twitter (HERE - playing in the wheel - and HERE - playing on the scratching post)


However, we did see some of the sleeping older cats, and I got some pictures of them in their little nooks (isn't the hat hideaway the cutest thing?) and as a big surprise, nearing the end of our session this majestic fluffball of a cat came prowling out and let us take some photos! (she wouldn't let us pet her though, she just wanted to show off mainly). As you can see in the top photo of the next set she pictures beautifully!


And I can't forget to mention this lovely little kitten, who walked around and then settled down for a big old fuss, isn't she cute?! It was purring like an engine and kneading the cushion it was on, so adorable!


I'll definitely be going back (with the hope the kittens are still playful, and that the older cats will be more awake next time) but I couldn't leave without a picture of me drinking a lovely spot of tea (caramel cream flavour!)


To top the day off, we stopped at Oxford Street for a bit of shopping, and I couldn't resist a trip the Foyles bookstore, with their lovely Harry Potter displays!


I would definitely recommend the cat cafe as a day out, but book well in advance as the spots go very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment