Wednesday 4 October 2017

Review: The Witch's Tears by Katharine & Elizabeth Corr

Guys! The lovely Corr sisters sent me the second book in this series (and because they're so amazing it was even a signed copy!!), and so even though I had multiple other books to read I just knew I HAD to read this book as soon as I could. So, because I can always choose what I want to read, of course I read it.

One word: wow.

(If you haven't read the first book then my review can be found for that HERE)

Anyways, here's the book!


Can true love's kiss break your heart...?

It's not easy being a teenage witch. Just ask Merry. She's drowning in textbooks and rules set by the coven, drowning in heartbreak after the loss of Jack. But Merry is not the only one whose fairytale is over.

Big brother Leo is falling apart and everything Merry does seems to push him further to the brink. And everything that happens to Leo makes her ache for revenge. So, when strangers offering friendship show them a different path, they'd be mad not to take it...

Some rules were made to be broken, right?

Oh guys, this book was just as good as the last one, if not better. It got a bit darker in this book, especially towards the end, and for some reason I love it when that happens in books (am I weird for saying that?). But, you may have guessed it would get a bit darker by the fact that both Merry and Leo were trying to deal with their heartbreaks that happened in the last book.

The main part of this book is centred around the fact that someone, or something, is killing witches across the UK, and Merry's coven is trying to find out why, and figure out how to stop it from happening again. We also learn slightly more about the coven's ways and also there's a slight insight into the lives of wizards in this book, which I found extremely interesting and I hope to see more tidbits into the lives of both witches and wizards in the next book.

Talking about wizards brings me to the two new characters we meet, Ronan (AKA Leo's love interest) and Finn (Merry's love interest). Both wizards, both hiding things, it really makes you wonder throughout the book if, like most of the Coven keeps telling Merry, all wizards are not to be trusted, or if some of them can be good. It also makes you wonder if one of these two wizards are in on the bad things happenings in Tillingham or not! It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book guessing just what was happening.

We got to see a bit less of Leo in this book, as he was all loved up with his new love interest, but I still love him! He is my favourite character, and I really did like that he was starting to get over his heartbreak and found another person, he deserves to be happy, and I really hope to see him happy again in the next book! It was a shame that he started to lose touch with Merry as he went through the book, but you do find out why nearer to the end (I won't spoil it by telling you why!).

And the ending of this book! The ending!!! Guys I cannot explain my love for the ending, even if it was a giant cliffhanger! It made me want the next book (but unfortunately it's not out until March!). All I know is that you will all be blown away by the ending of this book! Totally blown away!

So much to say about this book, but I can't keep going or this will be a book in itself instead of a review.

But, I give this book: 5 cats!


Have you read this book yet? Are you like me and itching for March to come around for the next book? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment