Thursday 29 March 2018

Review: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

So, I got this book because it was on a kindle daily deal, and I'd loved the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan too and thought I should give this a chance.

I'm glad I did as it was amazingly funny and gave me quite a few chuckles while reading.

Here it is:

26881488


How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour. 

But Apollo has many enemies - gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.


Okay, I absolutely loved the Percy Jackson books (I'll probably re-read them soon and review them - so keep an eye out) so I thought that because this mentioned Camp Half-Blood I would give it a try as it would be set in Percy Jackson's world - and it was, he was even mentioned in part of it! In fact, you see quite a few old characters from Percy's books, but you still got a whole new set of MC's which was interesting to see.

My first little love of this book was the chapter beginnings - they all had a small Haiku at the beginning. They were amusing little anecdotes that gave you an idea of what may happen in the chapter you were on, and they will also definitely give you a little smile whenever you start on a new chapter (at least they gave me a smile so I hope they'll give you one too!).

When it comes to Apollo as a character he was one of my favourites out of them all - possibly one of my favourites from all the Percy Jackson books. He was funny throughout the whole book, and also gave me a few chuckles (I rarely laugh out loud when reading) and it was great to see his character development as he learnt to be more human - he slowly started to notice mistakes he was making in both his behaviours and actions and he started to change into a better person.

However, my love goes to one character in particular - Peaches the Kairos. I know, a weird choice, but he sounded so cute, and I want one of my own!

I can't wait to read the other books in this series, and I give this book 4 cats!


Have you read this book series? Did you enjoy it as much as me? Comment below!


2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about this series, as I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson books. Glad you enjoyed it!
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. bluza rick and morty Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here.

    ReplyDelete