Monday 26 November 2018

Review: Distortion by Victor Dixen

So, I was so glad to get accepted on Netgalley for a copy of this, as I adored the first book in the series (my mini review for that can be found HERE)

But, here's this book:

Image result for distortion victor dixen

Six girls, six boys: looking for glory and romance on Mars 

They thought they were masters of their destiny.
They are the twelve pioneers of the Genesis programme. 
They thought they were taking part in the most extraordinary of missions.
In fact, they are the victims of the cruellest of plots.

Leonor was looking for glory - and love - on Mars.
She thought she would be able to open her heart there. 
But what she has done is open up a Pandora's box of her past ...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am really into the space thing at the moment! I don't think I've read many before I started blogging but I'm seeing them pop up more and more often now and I am all for this, its such a wide thing to write about so there so many untapped opportunities in it, and I really think that this is one of them: speed dating in space.

Well, I say that, this is more of a 'will they colonise Mars' plot as compared to the last book, but it definitely had more of the romances in as the final couples get married and start their lives. It was definitely interesting to see the development, as in the last book the couples only saw each other for their speed dating sessions.

I also loved that the plot got even more twisted in this book, there are so many different twists and turns and little threads coming together, leaving you to ask questions and wonder what will happen and how everything will come together in the end - and oh gosh guys, this book is certainly left in an interesting place, I can't believe I have to wait until next year to find out what happens!

You definitely begin to connect with the characters a bit more in this book, as they finally all come together and you see their real personalities as opposed to their speed-dating personalities, and you see a lot more of the boys in this one too, which makes it a whole lot better.

Altogether, definitely a great second book, and one you'll be speeding through, and you'll definitely not want to put it down towards the end!

I give this: 4.5 cats!


Have any of you read this series? What do you think? And what are your opinions on space books? Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review.
    I loved both books and can't wait for more. They put me in SUCH a space mood!
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete