Thursday 23 September 2021

ARC Review: Fireborn by Aisling Fowler

So I got sent this book when I expressed some interest, because it sounded like something I would love. I don't read much middle grade fantasy anymore, and this has really shown me how much I miss it, some MG can be so interesting and I just flew through this on my commute one day as it was such a gripping storyline - I even almost missed my stop on the train because I didn't want to put it down!

Here it is:


Ember is full of monsters.

Twelve gave up her name and identity to train in the art of hunting them--so she says. The truth is much more deadly: she trains to take revenge on those who took her family from her.

But when Twelve's new home is attacked, she'll find herself on an unexpected journey, where her hidden past is inescapably intertwined with her destiny--and the very fate of her world.


It's books like these that make me remember how much I used to love MG fantasy books - it was a quick read, full of interesting creatures and the plot was just perfect - it drew you in and kept you wanting to know more about the world the book was set in. Aisling Fowler has really written such a stunning book, one that can be loved by children and adults alike.

I absolutely adored the main character Twelve, she was just a hurt young girl with a past that haunted her, but she pulls through that and I really loved reading her come out of her shell and learn more about herself. I've always loved MCs that grow into themselves in books, and I think we will be seeing a lot more growth on Twelve's part if we see any further books in this world - and I really hope we do. She's one of the fiercest and bravest young characters I've read about in a while, everything about her really makes you love her more, especially in the end of this book where you really see her shine.

I think out of everything one of my favourite characters was Dog the guardian of the Lodge where the Hunters live. I always have a soft spot for animals in books, and, well, Dog is just one of my new favourites. I especially loved how he was throughout the book, helping with the young Hunters as he's let out for the first time in many many years. I really hope we see more of his dynamic with Twelve and the others in future books.

Overall, this is definitely a book I can see myself reading again, and I really really can't wait to see more from this storyline - I want to see where it goes and how everything comes together with Twelve's, and the other characters, storyline.

I give this book: 5 cats!


Fireborn is out next week on the 30th September, so you should definitely go and pre-order a copy if you like adventure, magic and magical companions, it's well worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment