Saturday 16 February 2019

Goodreads Look-in!

So, I've been reading a lot, and because of this I can't always review the books I have read. So now, I'll be doing to occasional Goodreads look-in where I will be showing my ratings and a few thoughts of the books I have read.

Here we go:



A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood: 5 Stars. Such a beautiful book, really made me wish to be in the pages and part of the glitz and glamour.

I Invited Her In by Adele Parks: 4 Stars. Definitely a surprising ending, and a good venture out of my usual book genre, just goes to show I need to expand my genre's more often!

Sea Witch by Sarah Henning: 5 Stars. I adored this retelling, it gave some interesting views on everything and was just beautiful.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: 5 Stars. I re-read this series and it was just as breathtaking, if not more so than before. This is still my favourite book of the series.


Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas: 5 Stars. This was a re-read and wow I loved it, and that ending. I'm glad I decided to re-read near to the new/last book of the series coming out so it is fresh in my mind.

Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton: 4 Stars. I got into this quite slowly, but it definitely kept me wondering what would happen, and it ended in a perfect place to leave me wanting more.

Ariadnis by Josh Martin: 4 Stars. Definitely an interesting concept, and I loved the way it went through both POVs of the main characters. I can't wait to get the next book.

The Warrior Queen by Emily R. King: 5 Stars. An amazing ending to a great series, I loved seeing different characters and places, and I'm glad it ended the way it did.




Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl: 4 Stars. I've always wondered what happened after the first book as I've seen the movies, it was definitely an interesting way to take the series.

The Mystery of the Three Quarters by Sophie Hannah: 4.5 stars. I've always watched Poirot and never read one of Agatha Christie's books, I think I definitely need to now, and definitely need to read more mystery.

Damsel by Elana K. Arnold: 4 Stars. This book really intrigued me trying to figure out what was happening. I absolutely loved this take on princesses, princes and dragons, and the ending blew me away. I would say though it is quite a dark tale!

Arrowood by Mick Finlay: 4.5 Stars. I've recently got into reading mystery, and this one definitely didn't disappoint, I loved the setting, the characters and the story and I can't wait to read the second book. Definitely happy to have picked this up from HQ crime night!

This is just a few of the many books I've read and only reviewed on Goodreads, have you read any? What did you think of them? I'll be posting another Goodreads look-in in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment