Sunday 16 July 2017

TBR: This week's new books

Okay, so, if you follow me on Twitter or on Instagram, you've seen my posts about my book haul this week, and on twitter I've posted about getting accepted for my first Netgalley book requests too.

So, I'd thought I'd do a quick post about these books that are very likely going to be read in the next few weeks and why I'm so excited about them! (The names of the books will link to their Goodreads pages if you wanted to check them out).

First, the two Netgalley requests:



The cover for this book drew me in to request it, and as it's been compared to the maze-runner (which I loved) I thought I'd give it a try. It was my first ever Netgalley request to be accepted, so I'm super excited to get stuck into it!



So, the author of this book contacted me and asked if I would like to review this book, and when I saw the description it intrigued me. And I thought, hey, I kinda want to know whats going to happen in this book now, so I requested it. It'll be fun I think to review this one.

And now my paperbacks from my book haul this week:



So, I loved so many of her other books, and I've seen so many raving reviews about this series too that I decided to buy it and try it myself. Here's hoping I love it as much as her other books!



So, if you havent seen my review of the first book: Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children, you should check it out HERE. I loved it, and I loved the second book, so I'm eagerly awaiting the time that I can finally get stuck into the third and final book of the series.



So, I've read the first book in this series (this is the second) and the first book has made me wonder just what storylines these authors have for this second book. Also, the covers are just beautiful, this one is an amazing blue colour. So, yaknow, hopefully the book is as beautiful as the cover.

Obviously, I have so many more books to read in my bookshelves, but these are the ones I think I'll be reading first, keep an eye out for the reviews of these in the future!

Have any of you read these books? Comment your thoughts on them if you have.

2 comments:

  1. You have some good books! If you liked SJM's other books you'll probably enjoy ACOTAR! I really liked Miss Peregrine's but never continued the series. I remember loving Beautiful Creatures but Beautiful Darkness was meh. I hope you like it more than I did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should continue, the second book was amazing and (I wont spoil it properly) but it included some animal pictures! and I hope so too, but we'll see if I can get into it xD

      Delete