Thursday 13 July 2017

Review: Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

So, a short and sweet review, for a short and sweet book aka Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino!


How did the Wicked Queen become so evil?

When the King asks for her hand in marriage, the beautiful daughter of a cruel mirror-maker accepts, hoping her fortunes will change for the better... but will they?

This is the untold tale of love, loss, and dark magic behind the classic story of Snow White.


Okay, so, I felt like reading something to do with Disney this morning (you should all know I'm also obsessed with Disney) and I've had some of Serena's books in my bookshelf for a little while now and decided to have a quick morning read.


And what can I say about this book? Wow. That about sums it up. I love fairy tales and books that show a different side to fairy tales, and this book covers the other side of the Snow White story perfectly. Covering the Wicked Queen's start (marrying the King) and how it all came to the end where the Queen decides to try and kill Snow White. I think it was amazing to see the way that the Wicked Queen developed from a lonely, sweet woman into what she was in the original Snow White Story.


One thing about this book I found is that it could interest readers of all ages, and as it is quite a short book it may even be a great book to recommend to people who don't like to read much either. So, it could be said that this book could easily suck everyone into it's story if they chose to pick up the book (which I highly suggest you should).


So, to be short and sweet, I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves fairy tales, or even just someone who loves Disney. This book was amazing, and I expect I'll be just as amazed by the other Serena Valentino books I have in my TBR list aswell!

No comments:

Post a Comment